The National Youth Film Academy

In Summer 2017, I auditioned for The National Film Academy (http://nyfa.org.uk/) to do the Introductory Course in Easter 2018. After anxious weeks of waiting, I received an email to say that I have been selected to take part on the course following my audition piece from the 2014 American romantic drama, The Fault in Our Stars.

The course consists of learning skills and acting techniques by professionals. I will work as an actor and film maker along with other academy members to write, produce, film and screen a short film by the end of the 10 days.


How it all happened

I was scrolling through Facebook one day, a couple months before summer started and a post came up about the NYFA and it looked really interesting so I decided to sign up. I had the options to go for the role of an actor, director, producer, etc. so I went for an actor. The first step was a phone interview, so I booked a day and time to have the phone interview and when the person called, they asked me general questions about myself and then asked what got me into drama and what my aspirations were for the future. I later received an email saying that I passed the phone interview and I was to book an interview and audition in person. Unfortunately, all the dates that were offered for the auditionees to attend, I was on holiday. So I emailed in and they suggested for me to have a Skype interview and audition. This happened during the summer holiday and my audition piece was from The Fault In Our Stars, when Hazel was reading out the eulogy for her boyfriend, Augustus Waters. After waiting for what felt like forever, I received an email saying I got into the introductory course! I was chosen out of 3000 applicants for the 100 places available.



Although I will be working as an actor on the course, I will have a lot of experience with the whole consistency of film making.

Below are the top 5 short films that academy members made in 2015 and they are extremely impressive.

Here are a couple articles regarding my success and more about the academy itself.

I am extremely excited to begin this course and I cannot wait for the experience!


Comments

Popular Posts