Why B&W?

A voicethread of why I decided to use a black and white effect instead of colour for my film:
https://voicethread.com/share/10589058/





SLIDE 1


In the making of my film, I couldn’t decide if I wanted it to be in colour or black and white.
In the end, I chose to put it in black and white due to the fact that it felt easier, because in a lot of my shots, I used lots of different lighting and I felt like the shots weren’t going to blend nicely together and they would be very different so I thought it would look better and be more aesthetically pleasing for the eye if I put it in black and white.



SLIDE 2


As you can see, in this shot, I played around with the colour and black and white effect and because the lighting is extremely clever and appealing in this shot, it looks good with or without colour. The lighting creates a sort of silhouette of the character and that fits the codes and conventions well so that’s why I decided to keep it in black and white.


SLIDE 3

The black and white effect doesn’t drown out any features of the character or the mise-en-scene at all and it makes the whole atmosphere extremely eerie and mysterious which is the feeling I want my target audience to feel when they watch my film.


SLIDE 4

Another reason why I couldn’t choose between colour and black and white is because of the modern technology I use in the film, including a mobile phone. But I thought it would be interesting and clever to use black and white because it would be very different to what is expected.

Comments

Popular Posts